#Chocolate #Cream #Cheese #Frosting
This is the BEST Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting! Silky smooth and creamy, yet thick and sturdy enough for piping on cakes or cupcakes. It’s super easy to make and not too sweet.
- 8 oz cream cheese, cold (brick style, not spreadable tub)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted or unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (not hot chocolate mix)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Measure, then sift the cocoa and powdered sugar together. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the butter 2 Tablespoons at a time, and continue beating until smooth and well blended.
- Add the powdered sugar/cocoa mixture and vanilla all at once. Blend until combined and smooth. Use for any recipe that calls for chocolate cream cheese frosting.
*Will frost about 12-15 cupcakes. Double the recipe for a layered cake.
*Don’t beat too long or the frosting will be too soft to pipe. If this happens, place the frosting in the refrigerator or freezer until it firms back up.
*You can store this frosting either at room temperature (which is 70 degrees Fahrenheit) or in the refrigerator. Do not go back and forth storing from one to the other, for food safety reasons. Use your own judgement…Full Recipes